TERRA Newsletter 2/13 from the MFA Program.
Summer 2013 courses offered by the School of Film and Photography
Summer Session 1, May 13, 2013 ‐June 21, 2013:
- FILM 104IH Modes of Screen Drama, MWF 8:45-‐11:05, VCB 185, Instructor: Cara Wilder
- PHOT 113RA Understanding Photography, T 9:00-‐11:20 & WR 9:00-‐12:35, Instructor: Dan Wise
- THTR 112IA Acting for Non-‐Majors, MWF 8:45-‐11:05, Instructor: Stephanie Campbell
- PHOT 154IA Exploring Digital Photography, Online Course, register through Extended University, Instructor: Alexis Pike
- FILM 394 Film & Photoboarding, MTWRF 13:10-‐16:05, Instructor: James Joyce (Note: Actual Dates 5/13-‐5/25)
- PHOT 494/FILM 494 Small Town Documentary, TWR 8:45-‐11:05, Instructor: Jon Long
Summer Session 2, June 24, 2013 ‐August 2, 2013:
- FILM 381 Quentin Tarantino: the Cinema of Cool, MW 12:30-‐16:05, Instructor: Lucia Ricciardelli
SFP Program in Siena, Italy Fall 2013 (up to 21 Credits): Study with Photographer Luciano Valentini, Filmmaker Carlo Tozzi, & other film professionals.Tis program is an opportunity to live and study in a foreign culture, earning credits for PHOT 493 - Study Tour (4 credits), FILM 381 - Cinema Italiano (3 credits), Fiction Film Production (4 credits), Program Elective Italian Language (9 credits) - Diversity Core Service Learning (1 credit). For more information, e-mail Johan Jonsson, Program Director or Robert Arnold, SFP Director, or Christina Z. Anderson, Assoc. Prof. of Photography. Work from previouw students.
Ian van Coller's just released hand bound artist book, Mali Monuments is a series of 32 photographs from Mali, West Africa focusing on "monumental forms."
Alexis Pike and her photography class at the 2012 Community Portrait Day.
Gianna Savoie named by Brody and Cole as one of "5 Inspirational Women You Should Meet" . Congratulations Gianna!!
TRUST Alaska nominated for a Panda Award at Wildscreen 2012!!
Co-Produced by: Our Children's Trust, WITNESS, Kids vs. Global Warming; Co-Directed by: Christi Cooper-Kuhn, Kelly Matheson, & Katie Lose-Gilbertso;n Camera: Christi Cooper-Kuhn & Kelly Matheson; Edited by: Katie Lose-Gilbertson & Christi Cooper-Kuhn.
School of Film and Photography students, faculty, and alumni produced a commercial for Montana State University.