Employment Opportunities in the MSU School of Film & Photography
Please check back at a later date.
Off Campus Employment
- STUDENT JOB OPPORTUNITY!! Camp Skylemar, a summer sports camp for boys in Naples, Maine is currently looking for video editors
for the duration of our camp this summer. The job would be from June 12 to August
13. Duties would include conceiving and shooting video content of the campers, staff
and activities, as well as editing and merging photos, music and narration into production
segments. Applicants would also be building those segments into a 90-minute end-of-camp
presentation. Applicants must be proficient in Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects.
Salary for the summer is $2,500 - $3,500 depending on experience, and we would also
provide housing, meals, travel expenses, staff shirts, internet access and a laundry
service. We offer internship credits as well. Please contact Shannon Rathmanner, Camp
Skylemar, 410-329-5995 for more information. Apply here.
Video Producer (12/4/17)World Science FestivalNew York, NYWe’re looking for a creative and talented non-fiction storyteller to join our growing media department. You will produce multiple video series, special projects, and live studio broadcasts for our new digital channels. The Video Producer will also work closely with the Director of Media to pilot original short-form series ideas. We’re interested in using media in new ways to explore the frontiers of science and create conversations around mind-blowing big ideas. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong sense of curiosity, a filmmaker’s vision, and a passion for science to grow with a mission-driven organization that reaches millions of people around the world. Position is based in our New York office and has the potential to become a full time staff position for the right candidate.Responsibilities:
Qualifications And Special Requirements:
- Write, produce, direct, and post produce original short form video content for our digital channels.
- Research and pitch ideas for new episodes and series.
- Produce video content for NYC Festival programming and other live events.
- During the Festival, interview some of the world’s leading scientists, produce social worthy moments, and document behind the scenes.
- Post produce and oversee the edits of our long form Festival programs to improve editorial flow and make them more engaging for our digital audience.
- Produce dynamic live video broadcasts from the WSF Studio to foster audience engagement and discussion around our videos.
- Repurpose video from our existing library into new formats.
- Work closely with Marketing, Social, and Education teams to optimize video content for various distribution platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and broadcast television.
Please submit resume with a cover letter.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.Required education:
- 5+ years of professional experience producing / directing science-based videos. Shooting or editing skills a HUGE plus.
- Strong writing skills with experience writing series proposals, scripts, and VO.
- Ability to transform scientific research and complex ideas into interesting, understandable, and entertaining videos.
- Experience working with multiple editors and animators to craft stories in post.
- Knowledge of the latest digital media production technologies including video formats (HD, 4K, 360 VR) and related camera, grip and lighting gear.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Google Docs.
- Desire to learn new technology, software, hardware and techniques relevant to this role.
- Avid consumer of a wide range of science media and an understanding of the ever-changing digital / social media landscape.
- B.A. or B.S. in filmmaking, journalism, communication, video production, or science.
- producing / directing science-based video professional: 5 years
- Montana Film Office job announcements
- Sundance Institute
- Turner Broadcasting
- Warner Brothers