Some forms need professor's approval. Please speak with your professor prior to filling out the form! If you run into any issues with the DocuSign process please contact Paige at


        SFP MacBook Computer Spec Recommendations

Add/Drop Form

Change of Curriculum Form

*Additional forms can be found at the Office of the Registrar

FILM FORMS                                                                     PHOTO FORMS 

FILM 395 - Teaching Assistant Form                                                       PHOTO 395 - Teaching Assistant Form

FILM 490R- Undergraduate Research                                                    PHOTO 492 - Independent Study Form

FILM 492 - Independent Study Form                                                      PHOTO 498 - Internship Application

FILM 498 - Internship Application                                                           PHOT 498 - Internship Supervisor Evaluation

FILM 498 - Internship Supervisor Evaluation                                        PHOT 498 - Intern Evaluation

FILM 498 - Student Self Evaluation

FILM 499 - Crew Deal Memo

FILM 499 - Memorandum Of Understanding

FILM 499 - Memorandum Of Understanding - Example


  • City of Bozeman Film Permit 
    • A Bozeman Film Permit is required for any filming that will occur within the city limits of Bozeman, within the public right-of-way or on City property (parks, trails, facilities, etc.).
  • Location Scouting Checklist
    • Location Scouting is essential for any production. MSU Students are insured for up to 1,000,000 on any public lands within Gallatin County. MSU students can also film or photograph around campus, as long as they follow the rules listed in the MSU Campus Policy
  • Location Release Agreement 
    • Once the perfect location is found, the student and owner of the property must sign the Location Release Agreement. 
  • Risk Management Form
    • Risk Management forms are used to outline the risks & challenges associated with a production. The policies outlined in the Risk Management form demonstrate the student's plan for mitigating any possible risks. 
    • The Risk Management Form must be signed by crew heads, the instructor, and the Director of the SFP (Alexis Pike). Once all signatures have been obtained, the form should be submitted to the VCB Front Desk in exchange for a Certificate of Insurance (CoI). 
    • For additional MSU policies, and detailed information regarding Risk Management forms and the Certifiate of Insurance please visit Safety & Risk Management.  
  • Certificate of Insurance (CoI)
    • The state of Montana purchases Student Professional Liability insurance coverage for student projects undertaken while registered for academic credit. A Certificate of Insurance may be required by locations outside of MSU. 
  • Film, Video, Digital Submission Form
    • The Film, Video, Digital Submission Form is used to release your work for the SFP Film Option Archival purposes.


 *These are sample forms. Consult your faculty adviser to discuss if they are appropriate for your project.


Most forms have been converted into DocuSign. If you need additional help, please visit the DocuSign webpage!