Academic & Production Forms
Some forms need professor's approval. Please speak with your professor prior to filling out the form! If you run into any issues with the DocuSign process please contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FILM 598 Internship Application
- Film 598 Internship Supervisor Evaluation
- Film 598 Internship Student Evaluation
- FILM 592 Independent Study Proposal
- Program of Study & Committee Form
- Program of Study Revision Form
- Film/Video/Digital File Submission Form
- MFA Handbook 2021-2022
*Additional forms can be found at The Graduate School.
FACULTY ONLY FORMS
*Additional forms can be found at the Office of the Registrar
- Film, Videotape, and/or Photograph Consent Form Montana State University
- City of Bozeman Film Permit
- A Bozeman Film Permit is required for any filming that will occur within the city limits of Bozeman, within the public right-of-way or on City property (parks, trails, facilities, etc.).
- Location Scouting Checklist
- Location Scouting is essential for any production. MSU Students are insured for up to 1,000,000 on any public lands within Gallatin County. MSU students can also film or photograph around campus, as long as they follow the rules listed in the MSU Campus Policy.
- Location Release Agreement
- Once the perfect location is found, the student and owner of the property must sign the Location Release Agreement.
- Risk Management Form
- Risk Management forms are used to outline the risks & challenges associated with a production. The policies outlined in the Risk Management form demonstrate the student's plan for mitigating any possible risks.
- The Risk Management Form must be signed by crew heads, the instructor, and the Director of the SFP (Alexis Pike). Once all signatures have been obtained, the form should be submitted to the VCB Front Desk in exchange for a Certificate of Insurance (CoI).
- For additional MSU policies, and detailed information regarding Risk Management forms and the Certifiate of Insurance please visit Safety & Risk Management.
- Certificate of Insurance (CoI)
- The state of Montana purchases Student Professional Liability insurance coverage for student projects undertaken while registered for academic credit. A Certificate of Insurance may be required by locations outside of MSU.
- Film, Video, Digital Submission Form
- The Film, Video, Digital Submission Form is used to release your work for the SFP Film Option Archival purposes.
- Acknowledgement of Risk Form
- The Acknowledgement of Risk form must be filled out by EVERY person participating in a film set or photo shoot. The document discusses MSU's policies regarding COVID-19 and the liability of participating in a film set or photo shoot.
- Temperature Check & Screening Log Procedures
- Per protocol, all film crews, cast, photographers, models and actors, regardless of MSU affiliation, should have their temperature taken each day they arrive at the beginning of production, at least once during the day of production, and at the end of the day.
- MSU - SFP COVID-19 Protocol for Student Films, Photoshoots & Solo Performances
- This document outlines MSU's required safety policies regarding COVID-19 and the continuation of in-person productions. It is strongly recommended that all students create a COVID-19 safety plan for their productions. The safety plan should be submitted to the appropriate faculty member before production begins.
SAMPLE FORMS & ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
- Call Sheet Resouces
- Crew Deal Memo Resources
- Crowd Notice Release
- Production Requirement
- Script Breakdown Resources
- Script Supervisor Resources
*These are sample forms. Consult your faculty adviser to discuss if they are appropriate for your project.
BLACK BOX SHOP
- In order to reserve the Black Box Shop, please contact Adam Kukic at email@example.com.
Most forms have been converted into DocuSign. If you need additional help, please visit the DocuSign webpage!